Sunday 12 June 2022

Week 7 T2 2022

There are lots of exciting things happening in Week 7. We have a liturgy to lead, some kids are off to interschool cross country, Aidan and James are in the Talent Show finals and there's going to be a big announcement at assembly on Friday - I wonder what it could be? 

With all the mud, puddles and wet grass even more of the kids are choosing to take their shoes off while in class. They are welcome to bring a spare/dry named pair of socks to wear inside. We've also been keeping our water bottles beside us to stay hydrated in our cosy classroom. It's really warm in our thermally heated room but the water fountain is out in the rain - it makes sense to keep bringing a water bottle, please. We also have our toasters up and running in the mornings. We are learning a lot about cutting loaves of bread, spreading toppings and doing the dishes!!

(This is where the photos are supposed to go but the tech guy has my laptop with the photos on it) 

This week:
Monday:
Talent Show Finals 9:15am - we'll be going to support our Aidan and James A

Tuesday:
Inter-school Cross Country (children involved will have had a letter)
Good luck team!

Wednesday:

Thursday:
Kapa Haka
Matariki Liturgy (led by Year3-4)

Friday:
Lachlan Popata will be Principal for the day (raffle winner)
Big announcement
Roller skating
Pasifika
Choir

Learning this week:
Maths: we are continuing exploring multiplication and how it works. Skip counting, doubles and knowing tens and ones in a 2 digit number are really helpful pieces of quick knowledge for our work this week.

Literacy: we are exploring how authors write to hook their readers. Wow words, interesting sentences and even punctuation make a difference. You could look at books at home and find interesting words, see how the author uses long and short sentences and see if you can spot a simile or a metaphor.

RE: "I am the Light". We will be talking about how Jesus talks about light and what it all means. We are also leading the Matariki liturgy this week so there'll be a bit of learning around this, too. 

Happy Birthday 
Anthony and Isabella!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making a comment. Please note that all comments have to be seen by the class teacher before you will be able to view them online.